This policy is effective as of October 11, 2010
https://www.crimereports.com/home/terms. Public Engines, Inc. respects your privacy and we are committed to protecting it. We recognize your need for appropriate protection and management of the personal information we learn about you while you visit or
YOU AGREE THAT PUBLIC ENGINES MAY SHARE ANY AND ALL INFORMATION AND COMMUNICATIONS PUBLIC ENGINES COLLECTS FROM YOU IN CONNECTION WITH YOUR USE OF THE PUBLIC ENGINES SERVICES (OTHER THAN YOUR PASSWORD) WITH PARTICIPATING LAW ENFORCEMENT
AGENCIES AND/OR PUBLIC SAFETY OFFICIALS FOR THE PURPOSES OF FACILITATING CITIZEN DIALOG, INFORMATION EXCHANGE, RESPONDING TO EMERGENCIES, AND OTHER OFFICIAL USES, AND YOU HEREBY CONSENT TO SUCH DISCLOSURES. IF YOU DO NOT WANT PUBLIC ENGINES TO DISCLOSE YOUR
INFORMATION AS DESCRIBED ABOVE, PLEASE DO NOT USE ANY PUBLIC ENGINES SERVICES.
- Information Public Engines Gathers and Tracks. Public Engines collects two kinds of information about visitors:
a. Personal Information. When you register for an account, voluntarily provide health information, request a service or information, place an order, submit feedback, post information onto your public profile, or participate in a forum or survey,
we may need to ask you for personal information such as your name, address, email address and telephone number, along with other information you may wish to provide for effective use of the Public Engines Services ("User Information").
b. Non-Identifying Information. We may also collect certain indirect and/or aggregate information as a result of your use of, and interaction with, the Public Engines Services ("Usage Information"). We may also use certain
standard web measurement and tracking technologies such as "cookies," web server logs, or other
statistics programs to collect Usage Information and track and record how you use the Public Engines Services. This data is anonymous and does not personally identify you. Usage Information helps us measure the success of the Public Engines Services
and its features or pages and to improve your online experience. Your browser may have an option that allows you to accept cookies, reject cookies, or receive notification when a cookie is sent, but you should note that the use of such restrictive browser
settings may limit your use or the convenience of the Public Engines Services. We do not use spyware, adware or any other similarly intrusive software. We may create anonymous Information records from User Information by excluding information (such as your
name and email address) that make the data personally identifiable to you ("Anonymous Information"). Public Engines reserves the right to use and disclose Usage Information and Anonymous Information to third parties in its sole discretion. Collectively,
c. Tip Service. For Public Engines' anonymous tip submission services, Public Engines uses industry standard encryption and delivery routines to provide security and anonymity of the information being submitted. Unless you expressly provide
it, no identifying information is collected or recorded by Public Engines through this online submission transaction.
- How We Use Your Information.
By providing your Information to us, you consent to our use of your Information in the following ways as applicable:
to provide you the Public Engines Services;
to provide information that you request;
to create your account;
to allow you to join a group;
to indicate to other users that you are registered with certain groups and/or have completed various activities;
to share with law enforcement agencies and/or public safety officials for the purposes of facilitating citizen dialog, information exchange, responding to emergencies, and other official uses
to share with service providers as necessary to provide the services you request;
to combine with or enhance information provided by third parties for marketing purposes;
to contact you, respond to your inquiries, and send you information;
to notify you of services that we believe may be of interest to you;
to analyze, manage and improve the Public Engines Services;
to notify you of important new changes to the Public Engines Services;
to help us diagnose problems with our server or other technical issues relating to the performance of the Public Engines Services; or
for other purposes required for compliance
with applicable laws.
- Security. We use commercially reasonable security procedures to protect the information you share with us from unauthorized access or disclosure. However, your email transmissions and/or other communications
containing User Information may be unlawfully intercepted or accessed by third parties and/or the Public Engines Services may be subject to hostile network attacks or administrative errors. We cannot and do not guarantee the security of any information transmitted
over the Internet. Even after we receive your User Information, we cannot guarantee that your User Information may not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed as a result of a breach of our commercially reasonable efforts or as a result of any other
event beyond our reasonable control. Accordingly, we cannot and do not guarantee that your User Information is completely secure and safe from such risks.
For the avoidance of doubt, WE expressly disclaim any representation or warranty, whether express or implied, with respect to ensuring, guaranteeing or otherwise offering any definitive promise of security in connection
with your user Information or Usage Information.
- Privacy Protections for Children. The Public Engines Services are not directed at children. Therefore, we do not wish to receive, nor do we knowingly collect, personal information from minors. We expressly
request that no child under the age of 13 use the Public Engines Services or provide any information.
- Linked Sites. The Public Engines Services may link to other web sites not controlled by Public Engines. Although we try to be careful in the selection of our strategic service and technology partners,
we are not responsible for the privacy or security practices of any other web sites, and you acknowledge and agree that any use of such other web sites is entirely at your own risk. You should carefully review the privacy and security practices of the other
web sites before you provide such web sites with any of your personal information.
- Disclosure of Your Information.
- YOU AGREE THAT PUBLIC ENGINES MAY SHARE ANY AND ALL INFORMATION AND COMMUNICATIONS PUBLIC ENGINES COLLECTS FROM YOU IN CONNECTION WITH YOUR USE OF THE PUBLIC ENGINES
SERVICES (OTHER THAN YOUR PASSWORD) WITH PARTICIPATING LAW ENFORCEMENT AGENCIES AND/OR PUBLIC SAFETY OFFICIALS FOR THE PURPOSES OF FACILITATING CITIZEN DIALOG, INFORMATION EXCHANGE, RESPONDING TO EMERGENCIES, AND OTHER OFFICIAL USES, AND YOU HEREBY CONSENT
TO SUCH DISCLOSURES. IF YOU DO NOT WANT PUBLIC ENGINES TO DISCLOSE YOUR INFORMATION AS DESCRIBED ABOVE, PLEASE DO NOT USE ANY PUBLIC ENGINES SERVICES.
- For certain Public Engines Services, some elements of User Information are made available to other users (e.g., if you publish information to your public profile); however, in such cases you will be able to
choose different levels of privacy via your account settings (e.g., members in your neighborhood group may have different access levels than other users of the services). If you publish information to a forum (if a forum feature is made available by Public
Engines), that information will be public.
- We may share general activity information relating to use of the Public Engines Services by various users, to indicate to other users that such activities are taking place. For example, various features may
indicate to others (using first name, last initial) that you have signed up, joined a group, or earned a badge. Such features may also indicate an agency which has received an anonymous tip.
- We may share your Information with third party service providers to provide you with the Public Engines Services; to conduct quality assurance testing; to facilitate creation of Accounts; or to provide technical
support. These third party service providers are required not to use your Information other than to provide the services requested by Public Engines. You expressly consent to the sharing of your Information with our service providers for the sole purpose
of providing services to you.
- We may disclose your Information when we have reason to believe that such disclosure is necessary to identify, contact or bring legal action against someone who may be causing injury to or interference with
(either intentionally or unintentionally) our rights or property, customers or other users of the Public Engines Services, or anyone else who could be harmed by such activities, or is appropriate or necessary to enforce our rights, take precautions against
liability, investigate and defend against any third-party claims or allegations, and/or protect the security or integrity of the Public Engines Site.
- We may disclose your Information to respond to judicial process and provide information to law enforcement agencies in connection with an investigation on matters related to public safety, as permitted by law,
or otherwise as required by law, or in the good-faith belief that such action is necessary to comply with state and federal laws
- We may disclose your Information with your consent.
ventures, or other companies under a common control.
- We may sell or buy other businesses or entities. In such event, we may transfer or assign the information we have collected as part of such merger, acquisition, sale, or other change of control to another company.
sell, license or transfer any information, including User Information, that you have provided to us to those third parties directly involved in the transfer or disposition of such assets.
- Also, in the unlikely event of our bankruptcy, insolvency, reorganization, receivership, or assignment for the benefit of creditors, or the application of laws or equitable principles affecting creditors' rights
generally, we may not be able to control how your User Information is treated, transferred, or used and your User Information may be included in the transferred assets.
- We may use your Usage Information to identify and develop products and services that may be of interest to you and we may send you information about special offers, products, services, programs, promotions,
surveys, publications, invitations or other opportunities from ourselves or our Partners that may be of interest to certain demographic groups. We do not sell your User Information to third parties.
- Feedback; Removal from Contact List; Changing Information. If you have a question or comment about the Public Engines Services, or wish to update your contact information or be removed from our contact
list, please email us at
webmaster@PublicEngines.com. If you do not want to receive further promotional materials from us, simply contact us at the email address listed above or respond to the link in the mail you receive, and request to be removed from the contact list. Once
we receive your request, we will use commercially reasonable efforts to remove your name from the contact list. If you wish to update any of your User Information and are unable to do so through the Public Engines Services, please contact us at such email
address, and we will use commercially reasonable efforts to update your contact information accordingly. Please be aware, however, even if we update your User Information in our contact list, or we remove such information, it may still be stored in other databases
to keep this information for a certain time, in which case we will comply with your deletion request only after we have fulfilled such requirements).
- International Users. By using the Public Engines Services, you agree and acknowledge that the Public Engines Services are hosted in the United States. If you are attempting to access the Public Engines
Services from a physical location in any region with laws or regulations governing personal data collection, use, and disclosure that differ from United States laws, please be advised that through your continued use of the Public Engines Services, which is
or the State of Utah, and the exclusive jurisdiction of the State of Utah, County of Salt Lake, USA.
STATES LAWS REGARDING PROCESSING OF PERSONAL INFORMATION MAY BE LESS STRINGENT THAN THE LAWS IN YOUR COUNTRY. IF YOU REPRESENT AN ORGANIZATION, YOU WILL BE RESPONSIBLE TO ENSURE THAT EACH MEMBER OF YOUR ORGANIZATION (INCLUDING EMPLOYEES AND CONTRACTORS) ABOUT
WHOM PERSONAL INFORMATION MAY BE PROVIDED TO PUBLIC ENGINES HAS GIVEN HIS OR HER EXPRESS CONSENT TO PUBLIC ENGINES' PROCESSING OF SUCH PERSONAL INFORMATION.
of notice of the changes on our Public Engines Site. These changes will be effective immediately for new users of our Public Engines Services. Please note that at all times you are responsible for updating your User Information to provide us with your most
current e-mail address. In the event that the last e-mail address that you have provided us is not valid, or for any reason is not capable of delivering to you the notice described above, our dispatch of the e-mail containing such notice will nonetheless
in our use of your User Information, you must notify us prior to the effective date of the changes that you wish to deactivate your account with us. Continued use of our Public Engines Service, following notice of such changes shall indicate your acknowledgement
of such changes and agreement to be bound by the terms and conditions of such changes.